Sunday, January 20, 2008

B.I.O.T.



Here is a really nice postcard that I received a while ago. It is from B.I.O.T. British Indian Ocean Territory. B.I.O.T. mail is postmarked Diego Garcia* Chagos . The card shows a Bar-tailed Godwit and the stamp shows the same. The stamp is the high value 2.50 pounds from a 2004 definitive set of 12.
British Indian Ocean Territory is an overseas territory of the United Kingdom, situated in the Indian Ocean, halfway between Africa and Indonesia. The largest island in B.I.O.T. is Diego Garcia, the site of a joint military facility of the United Kingdom and the United States. The population is approximately 4000, all UK and US military personnel and civilian contract employees.

1 comment:

Eric Contesse said...

Hello Glenn,
fyi, I've sent to you today a special postcard from France.
I hope you'll like the postcard and the stamps I've choosen for you...
Regards
Eric