Monday, February 4, 2008

PAA DC-4 plus a couple of covers



Today I received a very special postcard (at least to me ) from Igor in Germany. The front shows a Pan American World Airways DC-4 , the Clipper Hamburg. The card is special as I enjoyed a 28 year career with a number of airlines here in Canada. Even before I started this stamped and mailed postcard quest from every country, I collected postcards that showed aircraft and airlines on them. So this card will have a front and center place in my collection. Igor used 2 new commemoratives from Germany, both of which I blogged about on Jan 21,2008. Thanks Igor.

Even though I am into postcards on this blog, I did receive 2 very nice covers today. The first is from Eric Bruth and is a FDC , 26-01-2008, for The year Of The Rat stamp issued by French Post. The stamp is quite catchy and it is cancelled with a lovely rat cancel. Thanks Eric.

The other cover, indeed a very nice cover, also, is from Kim Yeonjoon of Korea. This is the first I have received from Kim. The cover shows a set of 4 stamps commemorating rivers of Korea. These stamps were issued on Jan 18, 2008. Thanks Kim.

1 comment:

Karmanovsky Alexander said...

Hi Gem!
I recieved your "Rat" cover. Thank you so much. Strange, but it came without cancelation. Nevertheless it is a nice s/s on the cover. In two or three days I am going to send you a postcard just from the main museum of Russia (Hermitage). There in Hermitage there is a post Office, I shall put a speciall cancelatin on the stamps.
Regards,
Alexander
www.used-covers.blogspot.com