Tuesday, July 1, 2008

HAPPY CANADA DAY 2008

Yes, today is Canada Day. It is the 141st birthday of Canada. Canada was born July 01, 1867. I want to take this opportunity to wish all Canadians a Very Happy Canada Day. In honor of this day, I thought I would highlight the Canadian part of my postcard collection. Since I started collecting postcards on March 01, 2006 , I have received a total of 594 postcards from around the world. Of this number 3 are from Canada. I show them here. One of them is from Newfoundland on the East coast, the province of Canada of my birth. It is a map card of the province showing my hometown of Grand Falls located directly in the center of the island. Another is from Vancouver Island on the West Coast, showing a killer whale. The third Canadian card is from Calgary , Alberta where I am located. It is a commercial postcard from a local pizza house advertising their product. Even though I only have 3 Canadian postcards I have the country covered, from the east coast to the west coast.

I also want to show 3 other Canadian postcards. These are cards I send to other collectors that I think truly represent Canada. In this group is a map of Canada card, a card showing Canada's Flag, The Red Maple Leaf, and finally a card showing a R.C.M.P. Mountie in the Canadian Rockies. These are great Canadian symbols.


Since this is Canada Day and a national holiday, there will not be any mail delivery today. I will wait for tomorrow and see what the mailbox holds then.

One more time "Happy Canada Day "

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hello glenn,
congratulation for your canada-day.
i have sent you a special canada card with special stamp and special postmark.

(it is a little joke - take it easy)

Regards

Igor

Martinha said...

I've this R.C.M.P. Mountie card in my collection :P
You've some great cards here.

Marta