Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cards From Finland, Croatia and Portugal

Yesterday I received 4 cards in the mail. Two from Finland and one each from Croatia and Portugal. The first Finland card shows just a very nice outdoor scene , a forest of trees. It very much reminds me of a picture that I took of an area here in Alberta, some time ago. Maybe I should have made my picture into postcards. This card was sent by fellow Postcrosser Susanna who lives in Vaajakoski. She used a 2008 stamp, one of a set of two in a souvenir sheet featuring Mythology.
The other card from Finland shows an interior view of The Temppeliaukio Church. This is the first time I have seen an interior shot, all others have been of the fantastic building from the outside.
The Portugal card shows Viseu , a city of approximately 47,000 people in the Central region of Portugal. Wine making is an important activity in the area. Cati , another Postcrosser, living in Campo de Besteiros sent this card. Cati used 2 stamps , the one on the right , the most interesting, if only for its size. It was issued in 2007 , part of a set of 5 featuring dams. Four of the set are in this large format. Just a beautiful set of stamps and a set I would love to add to my collection.
The final card is from Croatia, and as the card says, The Spirt of the Mediterranean.It was sent by Dragan Buskulic of Rijeka. Dragan writes the blog World of Stamps at http://followstamps.com . Give it a look. The card shows what Dragan says is a lighthouse on Big Sister Island which is 0.011 square km.
Dragan used 3 different stamps on the card. They include , on the left, a 1998 issue, 1 of 9, featuring ships and boats. The stamp in the center was issued in 2007, celebrating New Year 2008. The stamp on the right, issued 2003 , shows oak trees and was in a set of 3.

I have also added a new blog, at least to me, to the blog list to the left. It is a blog by Thomas Vandaele of Ieper, Belgium. It is called My Stamps and Covers and you can find it at http://veedeesstamps.blogspot.com or just click on the link. Give it a look, it looks good.

That's all for this time.

No comments: