Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Third Togo Card along With France

This is just a short update today. It will show the two postcards that I received on Friday. First is a card from Togo. It is my third postcard from this African nation. It was posted in Sotouboua by Nikhil Patil , a Peace Corp volunteer. Sotouboua is a prefecture and town located in the Centrale Region of Togo. The stamp that Nikhil used is from a 2007 set of 3 marking 20 years of Aids research.

The second and final card today was posted from France. The sender is a Postcrosser named Mik. Mik says the card is from France, printed in Italy and should remind me of India. I guess the tiger on the front should do that. There are 2 stamps on the front of the card. Both are from the 2008 set of 13 definitives featuring Marianne. They are quite wonderful and I think , the best Marianne stamps to date. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure there are many out there who will disagree with me here. On the back are 2 stamps from 1990. The one on the right celebrates the Centenary of Labour Day.

As I mentioned , this is a small update. Thanks for tuning in.

1 comment:

Marie Reed said...

Hi!

I was flabbergasted when I saw how many wonderful postcard blogs there are in the blogosphere! I have been stumbling over gorgeous postcard images as I visit blog after blog after blog. My cheeks hurt from smiling! I love finding people with similar interests.

I am starting a postcard event called Postcard Friendship Friday. I'll put Mister Linky on my blog to keep us all connected. It would be wonderful if you could join, visit, and leave a comment on the other blogs who have joined the event too!

You don't even have to be a collector to join! There are zillions of postcard images on Flickr to pick from. Vintage, postcrossing, retro, personal travels, kitsch…… the list of postcard types is long!

I'll see you on Friday

Marie

PS Please comment back if you would like to join!