Monday, July 6, 2009

Four Postcards

Well I've been away for close to a week, but Í haven't really been away at all. Just away from the computer due to a very busy number of days. Things should slow down a little now . So I hopefully will get a couple of updates in during the rest of the week. At least that's the plan. I have four really nice postcards for today . First is a card from Timor Leste. This is now my second card from Timor Leste. It always seems to happen, first you have no card from a country, then you finally get one , and then you get another. This one is courtesy of Eco Discovery, a land and water tours company in Dili. The card shows a traditional house in Timor Leste. The stamp used is from a set of 4 issued in 2005 celebrating Timor Leste's Independence.
The next card is from Taiwan, R.O.C.It was sent by Andrea, a Postcrosser from over there. The card shows The Queen's Head. This is a naturally formed rock outside Taipei on the coast of Taiwan. Even though in photos, it looks majestic and large, in fact it is only about a meter tall. I guess photos can deceive. Andrea used a stamp from 1991, issued to showcase lighthouses and safety at sea. One more note about The Queen's Head- Taiwan issued a great vertical stamp depicting this rock formation in 2006.
My third card is from Paris, France and depicts The great Eiffel Tower. I don't think I need elaborate on this, as it is quite well known and very famous. The card was sent by Elsa, who writes cards for her U.S. penpal, John. Elsa writes that she likes and reads this blog. Thanks Elsa. She used a large 2009 stamp featuring Albi Cathedral.
My final card is another of my Norfolk Island series. Just another beautiful card. The stamp is another of the Mosaics issue of 2009.ch have just one more item for today. Even though I am a little late, I want to file my monthly postcard report for June . During the month I received 48 postcards of which 28 were from Postcrossers. I mailed out 22 cards and 19 went to Postcrossers. Finally, I received cards from 6 new countries during June.
Take care and drop back soon.

No comments: