Wednesday, October 7, 2009

French Guiana # 228 in My Collection

Well, as you can see from the list of needed countries on the left, I have managed to cross off another one. French Guiana now becomes # 228 in my collection of countries and entities from which I have received a stamped and mailed postcard. While not a country in itself, it is a distinct place and belongs in my collection. French Guiana is an overseas department of France. It borders Brazil and Suriname. Its capital is Cayenne and its population is around 222,000.
My card, showing a pinkish tropical fish is compliments of Emerald Jungle Village. EJV is a tropical nature center along the eastern Panamerican highway. It is often visited by naturalists that come to enjoy the Amazonian rain forest of eastern French Guiana. Just because of its status as a department, the stamps used are common French issues. This now completes South American in my collection, it was the only place missing. Thanks EJV.

Now for a housekeeping notice. Anyone sending me a postcard , please take note of the following: as of today, I have a new address. It is
Glenn Moores
955 Windsong Drive SW
Airdrie, Ab
Canada, T4B 0N5

3 comments:

Hanoï d'antan said...

Glenn, I will be willing to drop you a card. Could you please be the first to send me one? Thanks

Leslie said...

Wow - congratulations on finishing South America, that's terrific!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Glenn,
I am Zvezdan, from Serbia. A few months ago I sent you a letter containing some Serbian aircraft stamps. Have you received it? Namely, I asked you to send me fantastic Canadian MS. Having in mind fact that it has not come, on my address, I suppose that my letter was not delivered to you. Here is my e mail zmilojevic5@gmail.com Sincerely yours ZVEZDAN