Friday, March 12, 2010

Stamp Issuing Entity # 235 and Other Cards

Once again I have increased the number of countries or stamp issuing entities from which I have received a stamped and posted postcard. The total now is 235. The newest addition is Bosnia Herzegovina ( Croatian Administration) This is the postal service , HP Hrvatska Posta, maintained by the Mostar government. The card came as a complete surprise, but my thanks go to two people. I will get to them in a little while. The card is of Medugorje, a small village in western Bosnia & Herzegovina. This is where, since 1981, The Blessed Virgin Mary has been supposedly appearing and giving messages to the world. The site has been visited by 30 million pilgrims since the reputed apparitions began in 1981. The card was sent by Goran , from Croatia, and is postmarked in Orasje, a small town in northern Bosnia & Herzegovina, near the border with Croatia. As I mentioned two people are responsible for this card. The other is Ana in Macedonia. Apparently Ana mentioned to Goran that I was looking for just such a card. So big thanks go out to Goran and Ana. Goran used a 2008 commemorative celebrating the 500th anniversary of Zepce , a town in central Bosnia & Herzegovina. So with this card I get to cross out another on the list over to the left.

The next two cards are from Finland. The first one , features a biplane from the 1930s. Even though it's a toy model , it will be added to my aircraft on postcards collection. Susi, a Postcrosser, sent the card and wrote that aeroplanes are her biggest fear. The stamp is from 2010 and features a rock and roll band called Dingo as they looked in the 1980s.

The other Finnish card shows the market square and part of the historical centre of Helsinki. The view is what you would see arriving Helsinki by boat. Also from a Postcrosser, this card has a 2010 stamp featuring Pusseytoes or as mentioned on the Finland Post site, Posti, a Cat's Foot stamp.

Actually my next card is from Finland , too. It shows the M.S. Mariella of the Viking Line in Helsinki harbour. Heli used a 2008 stamp celebrating 150 years of book publishers.

That's it for today. I was going to add one more card , but I changed my mind, I don't want to bore you. I have to say though, it's a good day when I can cross off another one from the list on the left. As always, if you are going to, or know anyone going to, living in or have any contacts in any of those missing countries, I would request and can certainly use your help to receive a postcard from anywhere on the list. That is quite the sentence, but I had to include all the possibilities. Thanks for reading and feel free to comment if you have one.

No comments: