Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Drama Theatre, Zug Lake, Mother Teresa and a Beach

Here we go again, with cards from Belarus, Switzerland, Macedonia and Portugal.
The Belarus card comes compliments of Yana, a Postcrosser living in Mogiliou. This is the 3rd largest city in the country and just 201 km east of Minsk. Pictured on the card is the Mahilyou Regional Drama Theatre. Yana writes on the card that it is the most beautiful building in Mogiliou. The card has a number of Belarus definitives on it and I will leave you to your own thoughts on them as I have blogged about them before. I will just picture them here.

Eduard mailed our second card from Lausanne, a city in the French speaking part of Switzerland. The card itself shows us the Lake of Zug. Zug Lake is a lake in Central Switzerland, situated between Lucerne and Zurich. The lake is 13.8 km long, 4.7 km wide and its average depth is 83.2 m. This card is actually a prepaid (stamped) card with a 2004 stamp image. Eduard added a great stamp that was issued in 2001. It shows a stylized aircraft in flight. This stamp will be a wonderful addition to my topical aircraft on stamps collection. Not that I would remove it from the card, of course.

Our next card is from Ana in Skopje, Macedonia. Ana's card is a picture of Mother Theresa. She was born in Skopje 100 years ago on August 26, 1910. This card celebrates her birth. I'm sure I don't have to write anything about Mother Teresa here . Her story is known the world over . Ana used 3 great Olympic stamps on her card. The stamp on top left was issued in 1998 and commemorates the Nagano Games. The other two stamps were issued in 2000 and commemorates the Sydney Games. Thanks Ana.

Today's last card is from Portugal. It is just a beautiful beach scene at sunset. Looks like a great place to just relax. I actually wanted to show this card mostly for the stamp used on it. It is a beautiful bird stamp. Anyone who topically collects bird stamps would certainly welcome this stamp in their collection. I wasn't able to come up with a year of issue but take it from me , it was issued.

That's the update for today. Don't forget , your comments are welcome and appreciated.

1 comment:

Dorincard said...

I like your cool blog, which I am following. :)
In my blog you can see stamps that WERE issued, like your Portuguese eagle, and stamps that ARE NOT issued yet. They are Zazzle stamps (personalized) and they will be issued only when and if somebody buys them. Until then, they remain just a project, a proposal, an idea. :)