Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Hallowe'en

It will be a short update today. I have just one card to have a look at. It arrived in my mailbox on Friday and just in time for today's celebration of Hallowe'en. The card shows a little guy holding a huge carved pumpkin. It's a great themed card and as soon as I brought it home, my lovely Teena claimed it and put it on our mantle as a Hallowe'en decoration. She said I will get it back in my collection when Hallowe'en is over . Dave , a Postcrosser who lives in Moor Park, California sent this card along. In addition to other comments, Dave gave the temperature, weather conditions and the time and date that he wrote out the card. Sounds like a good idea - I think I will copy it. Anyway, thanks Dave for this card.
I can never find any themed postcards in my area. Only the tourist type postcards are all that appear in local stores. I think a few themed cards would be good, though. Dave used 3 stamps (2 face different ) on the card and all are from 2009. The polar bear stamp is a definitive and as anyone who has read this blog way back when, knows, I actually like and collect definitives, especially those from the U.S.A. This may be because the U.S. issues quite a lot of them and they have a great variety. The other stamp is a Greeting and Wishing stamp (at least according to one catalogue that I use ) and this particular stamp is a Celebrate stamp. What you celebrate when using this stamp is entirely up to you.

That's my update for this Hallowe'en. Enjoy.
Don't forget, I thrive on your comments and use them to gauge my work.

No comments: