Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Country # 248, Korean Air A380, Kaup Light House and A Church Afloat

Hello again, I know you all checked in to see what my newest country is, so here we go. Caribisch Nederland, # 248 of my collection, leaving just 25 more to go. Caribisch Nederland is 1/3 of the former Netherlands Antilles. It became independent , at least stamp issuing wise, last Oct 10th. The other 2/3 are Curacao and Sint Maarten. I have a card from Curacao but still require one from Sint Maarten. Caaribisch Nederland consists of Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba, the so called BES Islands. My card is of The Bottom, the capital of Saba, and is compliments of Jean Pierre who recently travelled there. Jean Pierre used 2 of the new U.S. Dollar rate stamps , issued on June 01st along with an older Netherlands Antilles stamp from 2009.

Next card is from Hong Kong and will be a great addition to my Airlines/Aircraft on cards collection. This one is a Korean Air A380 and is compliments of Michael of cddstamps.
Michael's blogs can be found here and here and his stamps website is here. Michael used a 2006 bird definitive on his card.

Card # 3 is from India. It shows Kaup Light House, built by the British in 1901. It is a 34m high circular stone masonry tower. Nagi sent this card along and he has a postcard blog called Sids Hobby Center and you can find it here. He wrote on his card that he is a regular visitor to my blog. One more reader , I'm growing by leaps and bounds. Nagi used 2 great new stamps issued this year to celebrate 100 years of airmail service.Nice card , nice stamps.

Final card for today comes from the state of Washington, U.S.A. It is a card showing Megler Church in Ilwaco, Washington. It is one of the oldest churches in the town and sadly when this picture was taken, one would need a boat to get to church. MMToo much rain , apparently. No stamp here as the card arrived in an envelope. Why , I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.

That is my update for this time. Thanks to Jean Pierre, Michael, Nagi and The Cadinha's. I think this was a great update, of course, any update with a new country is just outstanding for me.
As always, tell me what you think, if you want. If you don't want to comment, so be it.
Take care.

4 comments:

Ana said...

some days ago I received one from St. Maarten from JP...so I think your mailbox shall be surprised too :)

Maria said...

Hello from Portugal :)

I´m a collector over 30 years of postcards.
Right now I'm giving preference to postal advertising
I have many Portuguese stamps (years: 70s and mid-80s).
If you are interessed email me: rochamaria08@gmail.com

Unknown said...

You have provided very good information and this is very important. And people get very useful benefits from reading such information. Thank you so much for this
Saidpur Zipcode

Unknown said...

Availability of the information is wide spread on internet such that many people get some thing
out of this. Awesome work .
panna postal code