Thursday, November 3, 2011

Confucius, Ghent, and R.M.S. Titanic

It's me again, four updates in four days. What can I say, I've never been this good before. But you know, it'll end sometime, maybe tomorrow. If I am to have an update tomorrow, my mailbox today will have to have some postcards, as after this update, I'll be up to date, postcard wise. Here we go, let's get to it, the reason why you're reading this.

card # 1 - Comes from Beijing, People's Republic of China. The card is entitled The Tomb of Confucius. But I think the card actually shows the entrance gate to the Confucius Family Cemetery. This is a prestamped postcard and the stamp is exactly like the card.

Card # 2- Elodie sent this card from Ghent, Belgium. Ghent is a city located in the Flemish region of Belgium. The castle on the card is The Gravensteen. It originates from the Middle Ages, having been built in 1180. The name means "castle of the count"in Dutch. It was built by Count Philip of Alsace. The stamp used here is just a common Priority Mail Stamp.

Card # 3 - This one is from Maria who lives close to Cobh which was formerly called Queenstown. The card shows us the R.M.S. Titanic and everyone knows what happened on the night of 15 April 1912. Queenstown was the last port of call for RMS Titanic. 123 Passengers boarded there, only 44 survived that fateful night. Maria used 4 flower definitives from 2005 and 2008.
Another update in the books. A short one this time, as I've run out of cards. So I'm off to the mailbox to see if I'll be here tomorrow. Thanks to Maria, Elodie and Timmy in China .

Take care , see you soon.

No comments: