Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Painting, a Letter Box and a Monument

Hello again, I have 3 cards for today. All are from my participation in Postcrossing and come from The Netherlands, The United kingdom and Germany. Let's have a look at The Netherlands card first.

It is a picture of a painting by Dutch artist J.B. Jongkind and shows an old view of Dordrecht, in 1878. Not a lot to see there way back then but a nice painting just the same. Lieve used a Postcrossing stamp from 2011, 1 of 3 in a set for international mail. I had already received cards with 2 of the 3 , now thanks to Lieve I have received the 3rd , completing the set.

Now if I could only receive the 3 Postcrossing stamps issued for mailing in Europe. Any Dutch readers or Postcrossers want to take this on ? I'll certainly return the favour with a card or two from Canada.

Card 2 for today in from The United kingdom. It's another one for my postbox postcard collection. It shows a 1874 red postbox , in a reproduction of a stamp designed by Silk Pearce, engraved by Czeslaw Slania and issued by Royal Mail on 8 October 2002. Karen used 2 Machin stamps along with a new 2012 stamp . It is from a set of 6 Roald Dahl stamps showing the original Quentin Blake illustrations of Dahl's much loved characters. The one on this stamp is Charlie Bucket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

My last card for this time , from Germany, shows Victory Column in Berlin. This major tourist attraction was inaugurated on 2 September 1873. Ernst used 1 of 2 Greeting stamps issued in 2010.

That is today's update. Thanks to Lieve, Karen and Ernst for their cards.
Now I off to the post office to post a few cards and then to my mailbox to , hopefully, pick up a few incoming cards.
Take care, Cheers !

No comments: