Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More Choice cards

Here we go with another update. A few more good, choice cards. Let's start with a new addition to my Aircraft / Airline Postcard Collection. This one is a new airplane type to me. I never heard of them before this card arrived. It is a Martin JRM Mars.The Martin JRM Mars is a large, four-engined cargo transport  seaplane originally designed and built in limited numbers for the U.S. Navy during the World war II era. It was the largest Allied flying boat to enter production, although only seven were built. The surviving aircraft were later converted for civilian use to firefighting water bombers.  One example of the aircraft still remains in active service.And that one is Mars Hawaii, the one on my card. Mars Hawaii is based and maintained at Sproat Lake  near Port Alberni, B.C.
.My Lovely Teena sent this card, while on our recent trip to Vancouver Island. She even posted it in Coombs where the goats live on the roof. The card arrived with a UNESCO World Heritage Site stamp on it , from the March 31, 2014 set. It shows Miguasha National Park in Quebec. Thanks Teena, I always appreciate your cards.



Glud Museum is the focus of my next card.  Glud Museum is a fascinating open-air museum with many historic buildings from Jutland. Included is Rasmus Thomesons farm from 1662, Denmark's oldest peasant cottage ,  and Hjarno House from 1811 along with  a 250 year old smithy . Glud Museum tells the story of country life in Eastern Jutland over the last 350 years.



This is my second card from Hans Jorgen and he used a great stamp again. It is a souvenir sheet from 2013 showing and celebrating 100 years of the Little Mermaid. 



My next card is a great look at Rathtrevor Beach in Parksville, British Columbia.  Located  at the east end of the town, the 347-hectare park features a two-kilometre long stretch of sandy beach, a stand of old-growth Douglas Fir trees . Popular year-round, the sandy beach is the main attraction. At low tide, it stretches nearly a kilometre out into the Strait of Georgia. Parksville is a city of just over 12,000.

Speaking of Parksville, I will have Major news with regard to this city in a week or so. Stay tuned. It's Big !




This card arrived with the a William & Kate Wedding stamp. It is actually 1 of 2 stamps in a 2011 souverir sheet. 



Gnomes are up next. I don't know any of these guys' names but wonder if they know any of the Travelocity Roaming Gnomes. 

 
This is another card from Fati , from Germany. She used 1 of 2 stamps in the 2013 Joint Issue with South Korea. 




Well, that's the update for this time. Hope you enjoyed the cards and stamps. Thanks going out to Fati, Hans, and My Lovely Teena. Take care , drop by again.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Gem,
I’m an avid collector of stamps, particularly those that involves lighthouses, FIFA, animals, and UNESCO themed stamps. I’ve been looking at the stamps you have posted here, particularly your little mermaid. I looked it up at the online stamp catalogue that I usually visit and saw that they still do not have the stamp on their collection and will inform them about it.