Friday, November 14, 2014

Please See My Adjusted Address

Hello everybody. I'm here with a few cards again. I say a few, because to be honest, cards have trickled almost to a stop. But I'll go with what I have. But first, a little maintenance on my address. If you look to the left, you'll now see just my P.O.Box , without any street number or street name noted. It seems that Canada Post only wants me to use P.O.Box 967, so I have adjusted my address to read as follows :

P O Box 967
Parksville, B.C.
Canada, V9P 2H1

Can I please ask all my postcard friends to note this small but important change, to keep Canada Post happy. It's keep me happy too, because I'll get more mail, and that means more postcards.

Okay, now for a few cards that I have received. They come from France, New Caledonia, Belgium and another from France.   My first card arrived from Narbonne,in southern France. It lies 849 km  from Paris and was once a prosperous port, and a major city in Roman times, but  is now located about 15 km (9.3 mi) from the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. Arnaud's card shows a couple of the sights of Narbonne. \




Arnaud used a 2013 Marianne definitive from a set of 14.


Arnaud hails from Toulouse and writes that he reads this blog even though he is not a postcard collector. He just, in his own words, wanted to send me a piece of France. Thank you for that and please keep reading.

My second card for this time comes from New Caledonia. Strangely this card arrived on 10 Nov , the same day I booked my next trip and where am I going , but to New Caledonia along with a few others places on the way. Now that the cat's out, yes I'm going to Australia, Fiji, New Caledonia and Vanuatu this coming March. Sounds like a good cruise to me. Did someone say postcards from the underwater post office in Vanuatu ? Oh yes, back to my current card. Jean Pierre's card shows a Big heart in the middle of the mangroves.



Jean Pierre used a number of fine stamps. In the middle is a definitive issued in 2009. It is 1 of 4 in a Birds set. The 2 large stamps were issued in 2012 and are 2 of 4 in a Tourism set.

 


This next card was issued by a medical laboratory  or pharmaceutical producer and shows their idea of bacteria and  virus. I guess one might consider the card a little appropriate in the time of Ebola.



Dominique's card arrived with a 2013 Heritage of France stamp showing the House of Georges Clemenceau.

Now it's time for today's final card. It comes from Belgium and shows a Rene Magritte painting from 1960.  René François Ghislain Magritte was a Belgian surrealist artist. He became well known for a number of witty and thought-provoking images that fall under the umbrella of surrealism. The painting on the card is entitled La Poitrine.




Johan used a stamp picturing the same Rene Magritte painting as is shown on the card. It is one of 10 in a 2014 set of Rene Magritte stamps featuring his different paintings.  




I do believe Mr Magritte wore a bowler hat , hence the bowler hat cancellation.

Be sure to visit Johan's postcard blog by going right here .

Thanks for postcards going to Arnaud, Johan, Dominique and Jean Pierre.  That's the update for this time, so I guess I can sign off now. Take care.

No comments: