Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Day - Leap Year 2016

Well this is the day - Leap Day. It only happens every four years, so enjoy it today. There won't be another one until 2020.  At least you'll know there will be a Summer Olympics that year, because the Summer Olympics always take place during Leap Years. Now it's on to postcards. Actually just a postcard, I only have one for this time.
My postcard today arrived today from France.  It's a view of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris, commonly known as Sacre-Coeur Basilica. It is located at the summit of butte Montmartre, the highest point in the city. Construction began in 1875 and was finished in 1914.
There are great panoramic skyline views of the city from the Sacre-Coeur Basilica.



Dominique used a commemorative stamp from 2015, commemorating 700 years of Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer.



That's all for today. Just one card is quite unusual for me. I don't think I've done many blogs  , if any, with just a single card. I'm usually a little more wordy than that. I have run dry of cards, who would have thought?
Oh well, there always tomorrow or  the next day.

Thanks Dominique for today's card.
Take care and be sure to come back now , ya hear.

No comments: